Our extensive government client base means we have provided privacy advice across a range of issues.
There are two areas where Proximity really excels:
- Our Advisors are strategic and pragmatic problem solvers, and provide sensible and realistic services and advice to meet an agency’s particular need and reduce the risk of ongoing privacy breaches
- We have undertaken Privacy Impact Assessments for a wide range of organisations, including government-owned bodies that operate in the commercial space.
Skills and expertise
Our expert Advisors will help you resolve privacy breach problems in a conscientious and pragmatic manner, and triage multiple privacy problems daily. For example:
- Working at Joint Health Command (Department of Defence) and on the My Health Record system, we advised on the collection, use, storage and release of sensitive information related to electronic health records, biometric data, and on the business processes involved in transferring electronic health record data
- Working with Services Australia, where vast amounts of personal and sensitive information are stored, our privacy teams provided practical legal advice fast, and on a daily basis.
We can work with your privacy teams to review the handling of personal information in a variety of contexts.
This includes the using and sharing of personal information within your agency, and externally with government agencies or research organisations.
We have particular expertise in providing privacy advice and undertaking Privacy Impact Assessments when a major Information Technology (IT) upgrade or framework transition involves stored personal and sensitive information.
FinalistAustralian Law Awards2021
Employer of Choice
FinalistAustralian Financial Review2020
BOSS Best Places to Work List
WinnerMy Business Awards2020
Professional Services Business of the Year
FinalistAustralian Law Awards2020
Employer of Choice
Top 10 Procurement Consulting / Professional Services Companies
ALPMA / Lexis Nexis Thought Leadership Awards
WinnerAustralasian Lawyer Magazine2016
Top 30 Innovative Firms of the Year
Commonwealth Panels and Marketplaces
- Australian Government DTA Cloud Services Panel
- Australian Government DTA Digital Marketplace
- Australian Government Governance and Executive Search Panel
- Defence Support Services Panel
- Western Sydney Airport Professional Services Panel
State and Territory Panels and Marketplaces
- ACT Government Light Rail Stage 2 Advisors Panel
- ACT Professional Advisory Services Panel
- Victorian eServices Register
- Victorian Professional Advisory Services Panel
Special Advisor | Proximity
M 0422 225 094
We are a leading provider of integrated consulting, commercial and legal services to government and large organisations.
We collaborate with you to overcome challenges and achieve excellent outcomes. By creating an exceptional workplace culture, we equip our people with the confidence and knowledge to find the ‘right fit’ solution for your needs.
Clients can engage us for our respective expertise in legal, procurement, program, project and management consulting; but more notably, we offer the full suite of support on projects. We advise from start to finish, with Proximity consultants working seamlessly with Proximity lawyers and commercial advisors to deliver the intended project outcome.
Our team members are true experts in their field, who share their insights generously, at every step of the way.
Advantages of Proximity include:
Intensive support — dedicated resources working directly with your team.
No increase to your head count — the flexibility to scale up and down as required.
High quality — highly regarded practitioners that understand your sector.
Fresh approach — the flexibility and varied experience of external advisors and the intimate knowledge and commercial focus of an in-house team.
Tailored pricing — pricing solutions that suit your needs; whether you require price certainty or flexible pricing solutions that allow you to deal with uncertain demand.
Value for money — our model eliminates expensive overheads; and you benefit from the savings.
The Proximity difference means you:
- You won’t need to engage multiple providers on projects
- You will have a customised service delivery
- The team you work with will be handpicked to meet your project needs, with the right skills and the right size
- You will achieve an efficient delivery, through industry best practice and innovative approaches
- Integrity and traceability will be evident throughout the engagement
- You can have complete confidence that the outcome is delivered, with value for money.